Project Engineer Sound and Vibration Engineering Services (m/f/d)
- Online seit 06.07.2021
Founded in 1950, Hottinger Brüel & Kjaer GmbH (HBK) is the technology and market leader in the field of measurement technology. Until the end of July 2020, the company operated under the name Hottinger BaldwinMesstechnik GmbH (HBM) and was renamed following the merger with its Danish sister company Brüel & Kjær Sound & Vibration Measurement A/S. As a subsidiary of Spectris plc, HBK is globally represented with more than 3,000 employees worldwide and a presence in 80 countries. Sensors, electronics, measurement data acquisition systems and software for test and analysis are developed and produced at the Darmstadt site and sold worldwide to customers within many different industries. State-of-the-art technologies, an international environment, and interesting tasks – working at HBK means developing your own ideas, taking responsibility and implementing projects together in teams with flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths.
This position will be responsible for supporting our customers and colleagues with measurement projects in the field of noise and vibration. You will work with our dedicated consulting team in Europe supporting on projects across a variety of industries including automotive, power generation, aerospace and white goods.The ideal candidate will be happy to work independently and be prepared for frequent travel within the EU (with occasional opportunities to travel further afield). The candidate should expect to work to tight deadlines requiring a flexible and professional approach to timekeeping, being prepared to take ownership of project deliverables and should be confident and engaging in client interactions. A strong technical background is desirable, but the ability to learn new skills is most highly valued.
- Supporting the delivery of consulting team noise and vibration projects in the EU.
- Assisting with the sales process: liaising with potential clients, supporting client sales visits, assisting with proposal preparation.
- Developing the project scope to meet the desired outcome
- Day-to-day equipment management.
- Gathering the instrumentation required for project work and instrumenting the Device Under Test according to the test plan.
- Acquiring and analyzing noise and vibration data.
- Review project progress and review data/results with project leader.
- Final report writing and presentation to customers.
- Taking project lead on smaller projects.
- Liaising with project leader on larger projects.
- Authoring/Co-authoring technical papers and marketing material.
- Supporting seminars.
- Master’s degree or PHD in Mechatronics or similar.
- Profound knowledge in Noise and Vibration and/or Acoustics/Vibration academic course work
- Eperience in Automotive industry (not strictly required but preferred)
- Experience of signal processing, programming (Matlab, Python etc.), software control of mechatronics/auto software controls will all be considered desirable.
- You have fun working in an international highly motivated team, you do have good communication skills, can assert yourself and like to work independently and transparently,
- You are enthusiastic about new technologies and like to travel.
- In addition to German, reliable English skills in words and writing are required.
- Professional commitment and a strong team spirit round off your profile
- Able to think “outside the box” and sales oriented
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionatetechnology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all overthe world.
At HBK, we live up to our three values: Be True, Own It and Aim High. We believe in absolute integrity – it’s how we win for stakeholders, the environment and each other. We believe in teamwork and keeping our promises – to ourselves and others. Finally, we believe in being bold and positive. This is how we perform at our best and achieve greater success.
Please submit your application and CV to by using the direct application link.
Please note that we will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.
For further info please visit www.hbkworld.com.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Unbefristet, ab Sonntag, 01 Aug. 2021
- Nach Metalltarif
- Hottinger Brüel & Kjaer GmbH
- Im Tiefen see 45
- 64293 Darmstadt, Deutschland
- Herr Martin Böhm