PhD Student: Circuit Design for AI Systems
- Online seit 15.02.2021
The Fraunhofer Institute for Microelectronic Circuits and Systems IMS, as part of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, is one of the leading microelectronics research institutes in Europe. The Microelectronics Intelligence (MI) group undertakes advanced research into design of next generation of electronic circuits for Artificial Intelligent systems.
Towards this end, we are now seeking new doctoral students to join us in developing AI systems on a chip. We aim to build low power chips for sensory systems which learn from what they sense. As an example, we will build a neural network on chip which will learn features like security intrusion as well as biomedical features when connected to a digital camera leading to an intelligent imaging solution. These will significantly improve our understanding of disease, treatment as well as our future security.
- Research and implementation of novel circuits or memories for intelligent systems
- Simulation, layout and test of the integrated circuit
- Presentation of results in international conferences and workshop
- Support in the acquisition of new Projects
Was Sie erwarten können
Within 3 years, we offer you the opportunity for a successful doctorate and provide you with all facilities and laboratories of our institute. The doctoral degree is awarded by the University of Siegen. Teaching commitments are not transferred to you. This is a full-time job (39h / week) with half payment.
- A Master’s degree in electrical engineering with very good grades
- Know-how in microelectronics and semiconductor theory
- Ambition for research and thirst of knowledge
- Ability to work independently as well as in multidisciplinary Teams
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Die Stelle ist auf 3 Jahre befristet.
- Es handelt sich hierbei um eine Vollzeitstelle (39h/Woche) mit halber Vergütung (TVöD).
- Fraunhofer IMS
- 47057 Duisburg, Deutschland
- Frau Anja Schwarzkopf