Masterthesis zum Thema Charisma
- Online seit 20.08.2021
Masterthesis: CHARISMA – Making interoperable Raman spectra the New European Standard for industrial materials characterization
The R&D project CHARISMA, funded by the European Commission under Horizon 2020, will harmonize materials characterization by Raman spectroscopy, including hardware, measurement protocols, and in silico methods. It will enable end users to share digital spectral data across domains and across the entire life cycle of diverse products. We will demonstrate the feasibility of our concept in industry cases. In the long term, we aim to make Raman spectroscopy a widespread technology used within the Industry Commons concept.
Raman spectroscopy and microscopy, with an extensive application range from nanomaterials to biological systems, generates complex and information-rich data. We offer a Master Thesis project that will enable the use of Raman spectra as universal fingerprints for functional materials, and thereby boost interdisciplinary development. You will gain profound understanding of materials properties and their characterization by vibrational spectroscopy, and use state-of-the-art data science tools to generate interoperable data. You will work closely with project partners from industry and academia located across Europe, frequently present and discuss results, and establish a scientific network across the EU.
- You are a student of Computer Science, Data Science, or Physics.
- Besides specific expertise in your field, you are enthusiastic about state-of-the-art data science and machine learning tools.
- You are fluent in English and enjoy international communication and collaboration.
- You like working in an interdisciplinary context spanning across materials, physics, chemistry, and data science.
What we offer
- Participation in an international and interdisciplinary research project
- Possibility to work from home office
- An inspiring and scientific environment and a culture of open discussion - at Fraunhofer, the largest organization for applied sciences in Europe
- Frequent, direct contact to industry partners
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Betriebsfestigkeit und Systemzuverlässigkeit (LBF)
- Bartningstraße 47
- 64289 Darmstadt, Deutschland
- Herr Bastian Barton