Research Associate (f/m) Audio and Media Technologies
|Online seit|| |
20.11.2018 - 09:01
The Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS in Erlangen, Germany, as of now has an immediate opening for a
Research Associate (f/m)
Audio and Media Technologies
Do you have a passion for music or movies? Are you interested in developing the latest audio and media technologies and applying them to future products?
In that case, we have the right position for you!
In this position, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of entertainment electronics, communication and media technologies. You develop algorithms that will one day make mobile telephone conversations sound crystal-clear. You bring 3D sound to television, cars and virtual reality applications. You will give computers a voice, create artificial intelligence and help make science fiction reality. You will make sure that Hollywood can create and process digital motion pictures. And you develop production tools for lightfield recordings. These and many other exciting activities await you.
Fraunhofer IIS established a name for itself around the world thanks to the development of the mp3 and AAC audio codecs, which enable more than 10 billion devices worldwide and which has already been licensed by more than 1,000 companies. Furthermore, software solutions for the creation and playback of digital motion pictures have been developed at Fraunhofer IIS and we have made cinema digital thanks to the DCI test plan.
What we offer you
- The chance to participate in challenging development work on new audio and media technologies
- Diverse projects with a high degree of real-world applicability
- Personal development through training and education programs
- Work-life balance (flexible working hours, programs that promote a balance between your personal and career life)
Employment, remuneration, and social benefits are in line with the collective bargaining agreement for the public sector (TVöD). The position is initially based on a two-year contract. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in case of equal qualifications. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
We look forward to receiving your application (English or German) ! Please submit it (in PDF format, including cover letter, CV and references) to: Claudia Kestler-Böhm, via our career portal, quoting reference number IIS-2018-AME33.
Information about the Institute is available online at: http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de
Information about the institute is available on the internet at: www.iis.fraunhofer.de
- University degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field
- Programming experience in C/C++ and/or MATLAB
- Ideally, knowledge of digital audio signal processing and the field of acoustics – alternatively, know-how in media production and image processing or experience in application development, particularly in Android or iOS environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, which is required for international collaboration
We are also happy to welcome applications of committed junior professionals with prior knowledge and first practical experience from internships, student research projects or final theses.
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen
Frau Claudia Kestler-Böhm
+49 9131 7761654
Art der Beschäftigung
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |
The position is initially based on a two-year contract.